Location – Houston, TX
The ideal individual will have knowledge of the pneumatic industry and have contacts at the decision maker level. We are looking for that person who has sold parts and components in the pneumatic and related market.
• Develop a detailed understanding of the products, business processes and product features, benefits, pricing, applications.
• Develop strategies to increase the sales and profits while providing premier customer service to the customers. Strategies include product development, competitor and market analysis, training, managing target account programs, strategic pricing, and developing target accounts.
• Prepare and follow annual forecasts and make adjustments to monthly forecasts.
• Meet and/or exceed annual sales plan.
• Responsible for developing and implementing product growth strategies.
• Monitor and drive marketing communication needs for product in support of growth strategies.
• Investigate market needs for innovative products and work with Engineering to appropriate prioritize product development efforts for the products.
• Develop proposals in response to customer requests.
• Provide product demonstrations to qualified customers.
• Travel prospective customers to solicit specifications and orders. Make outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers to qualify leads and sell products and/or services.
• Provide continuous sales and product training to all customers and field sales.
• Estimate dates of delivery to customers based on knowledge of current production and delivery schedules.
• Monitor product sales and track and recommend appropriate actions.
• Research and report on competitive products.
• Define new market opportunities for existing and new products.
• Prepare reports of business transactions and submit expense reports.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems.
• Prepare for, travel to and attend trade shows.
• Other general administration duties.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business, Business Management, or related field of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successful sales or marketing experiences in pneumatic valves and related products.
• Established customer base is preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak professionally and effectively before groups of customers and or employees of organizations.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES
• Financial acumen, marketing and negotiating skills
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task under pressure in fast-paced work environment.
• Possess integrity and a dedication to result.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Willing and able to work hours necessary to meet deadlines and respond to emergency demands.
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times when dealing with customers, vendors and co-workers. Strictly adhere to company policies, practices, and procedures. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel using own vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk to or listen to customers in order to understand their needs and present solutions to those needs. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time during trade shows. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds to set-up demonstration equipment and displays for presentations and trade shows.
The position described above will answer to the Sales Manager. The position is available immediately. The position includes a basic salary plus commission.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your CV together with your desired salary and rate of commission.
Required license or certification:
• Driver’s License